Beef Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
© Copyright 2004 Susan Vanamburgh-Garth, http://email@example.com
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 large can whole peeled tomatoes (about 2 cups of cooked tomatoes)
- 1 small can tomato paste (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- ocean sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large whole egg
- a few grates of fresh nutmeg
- ocean sea salt to taste
All spices and dried herbs must be organic or certified organic from the health store because all commercial products
are irradiated (zapped with radiation) which change and damage the body’s cells if consumed.
Start with the Tomato Sauce:
- In a large soup pot on medium melt butter and olive oil. Swirl to combine.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring to prevent browning.
- Add the water, tomato paste, and herbs. Use your fingers to crush and break apart the whole tomatoes, and add them to the pot.
- Stir well to combine, and let it simmer on low heat as you make the meatballs.
Meatballs & Sauce Combined:
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use your hands to mix them well.
- Roll it into 1 inch balls and gently place them in the simmering sauce.
- Gently stir the meatballs and sauce with a wooden spoon, covering all the meatballs in the sauce.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 1/2 hour.
- It is done when the fat separates from the sauce and floats on top.
Serve over a bed of cooked greens or broccoli florettes, that have been seasoned with sea salt and pepper, and butter melted over them.