Do Not Push or Overwhelm Your Body
“More is not better!” You can overwhelm your body by over-treating it, and by taking too much of a good thing, which can stop or slow down natural healing processes. One of the important keys to healing naturally is not to push the body.
If you do too many treatments, exercise too much, take other unnecessary supplements, herbs, hormones, drugs, etc. your body becomes confused and overwhelmed because “too much is being pushed at it” so it is not as able to heal like it should.
“Proper nutrients” (diet plus only the supplements recommended) are what heals the body because they provide the body with what it requires in order to heal itself naturally the way Nature intended. So they need to be consumed consistently and for long enough in order to improve health.
For that reason some direct treatments can be done to help alleviate the discomforts of symptoms, but they shouldn’t be done for long periods of time, nor too intensely, because they can also interfere with the healing processes.
Simple Things to Help You
- For relaxation do this for 15 minutes every day. Lie down on the floor with your feet on a chair so your thighs are at a right angle to the seat of the chair and the calves of your legs are lying across the seat of the chair. It is as simple as that.
- Do dry skin brushing at least 3 times a week, which will stimulate the liver and adrenal glands, increasing their ability to handle the toxins – for instructions see Dry Skin Brushing.
- Thump your thymus gland to stimulate it. The thymus gland is an important part of Lymphatic System, which helps the body detoxify itself. It is located underneath the top of the breast bone. To thump it, use your knuckles and thump gently but firmly on the top of your breast bone. Gently thump about 10 times in a row. Do this a few times a day to wake up your thymus gland.
- Do things that help your body detoxify, and that will not interfere with “proper nutrients” and do not deplete energy levels, which includes taking Epsom Salt baths, doing Coffee Enemas for Detoxification, and mild exercise such as dry skin brushing (above) or walking, also see Mild Forms of Exercise.
- Do regular Deep Breathing Exercises to change your body over from running on its sympathetic nervous system (fight/flight nervous system) to its parasympathetic nervous system (calm nervous system). The parasympathetic nervous system works to calm us down and to heal. The sympathetic nervous system is called the fight/flight nervous system because it is activated when one needs to get out of a dangerous situation, or when we are under a lot of stress, including the stress of being sick and unhealth. When the sympathetic nervous system is activated it puts the body and mind in an alert mode, which causes constant stress to the body, interferes with healing, and depletes energy and nutrients.