Submitted by Zack, who is a moderator for Bee’s Candida Support Group, that you are welcome to join!
Makes about 3 moderate-sized pancakes. The recipe can be doubled.
Buckwheat flour needs to be soaked 7 hours, or overnight, prior to cooking.
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (non-aluminum from the health store)
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1/2+ cup non-chlorinated water
- 1 tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil to grease frying pan
- Soak buckwheat flour by mixing together only the flour and water in the above recipe.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice (1 cup of flour would require 1 tablespoon), mix well, cover with a cloth, and let it sit at room temperature for 7 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, or 7 hours later, beat the egg and mix the baking powder into it.
- Add the egg and baking powder mixture to the soaked mixture. It may be lumpy and that is okay. A bit of water can be added to thin the batter since it can be fairly thick with just 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat frying pan or griddle to at least medium-heat and grease well with the unrefined coconut oil.
- When the frying pan is hot enough drop in spoonfuls of the buckwheat batter, cooking them as usual.
- Serve with lots of butter.