© Copyright 2005 Susan Vanamburgh-Garth, http://email@example.com
Makes enough for 4 boneless skinless breasts, or 8 thighs or drumsticks.
We call this “wedding chicken” because it’s the marinade I used for the grilled chicken breasts we served at our wedding!
Super easy and super yummy! If you don’t have a grill you can also sear the marinated breasts in a skillet and then finish them in the oven.
- zest from 1 lemon (use a fine grater or a microplane if you have one)
- juice from the same lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more or less to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed & minced
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or a few pinches of ground oregano
All spices and herbs must be organic or certified organic from the health store, since most commercial
products are irradiated (zapped with radiation) which change and damage the body’s cells if consumed.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and use your hands to rub the mixture into the meat.
- Let the meat marinade for at least 1/2 hour; the longer the better!
- Serve with vegetables or greens seasoned with butter & sea salt, or a big colorful salad.