Healing Wisdom Newsletter 2
© Copyright Bee Wilder
July 24, 2005
Did You Know?
- The body’s immune system possesses powers far greater than the most potent of pharmaceuticals (drugs)?
- You get a brand new liver once a month?
- The lining of your intestines is regenerated every 4-5 days?
- Your red blood cells are totally wiped out every four months and you get a new set?
- Your body is designed to repair and heal itself, since it is a self-healing organism?
- Medicine is essentially “crisis control” and works in “opposites.” For example, if you have high blood pressure, doctors give you a drug to lower it. If your blood pressure is too low, they give you a drug to raise it. If your heart is beating too quickly they slow it down with drugs, and on and on it goes with medical treatment. Meanwhile the body’s own natural healing processes are being severely suppressed.
One problem candida sufferers have is intense cravings for the very things they should NOT have, i.e. sugar, fruit, sweetened foods or drinks, alcohol, and high carbohydrate foods such as grains, starches, pasta, etc.
This craving is itself a symptom of disease and is not a personal weakness or a sign of poor self-control. In fact it is so strong it is like an addiction.
How to control your cravings:
- Vitamin C – As soon as you experience intense cravings take extra Vitamin C starting with 1,000 mg every hour until you reach bowel tolerance (loose stools), and then cut back 250 mg per hour until you reach bowel tolerance again. Continue in this manner, i.e. cutting back the amount you take every hour when you reach bowel tolerance (loose stools).
- Protein and “Good” Fats – Ensure you are eating the recommended amount of protein from animal meats, fish or eggs, and enough “good” saturated fats daily, i.e. butter, unrefined coconut oil, lard, and other animals fats. The amounts are based on the Optimal Diet ratios – See
Calculate Protein, Fat & Carb Ratios. Not only are meats, eggs and “good” fats easier for the body to digest than carbs, but they also help curb your cravings. “Good” fats are also the best, most efficient source of energy for the body since they do not tax the body’s resources in order to digest them like carbs do.
- Electrolyte Drink – Minerals are the building blocks of the body and a lack of them will cause cravings as well. A good ocean sea salt like Celtic provides over 84 minerals, as well as “good” salt (sodium plus chloride) which is required by every cell in the body. Whenever you get cravings sip on the best Electrolyte Drink in the world, which is 1/4 teaspoon of a good ocean sea salt like Celtic, and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon mixed into 6 ounces of water.
- Increase Digestion – A lack of important nutrients will also cause cravings, so it is important that you increase your digestive capabilities. The wonderful electrolyte drink above is excellent for increasing saliva in the mouth and hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Drink one 6 ounce glasses with each meal. Protein also increases hydrochloric acid in the stomach, and “good” saturated fats help the body pull nutrients out of the foods you eat. Protein and saturated fats also stimulate the gall bladder into dumping its contents into the digestive tract. In fact bile acids are made in the liver from cholesterol. Saturated fats also contribute to a healthy lining in the intestines.