How to Care for Your Teeth & Gums
© Copyright Bee Wilder March 28, 2015
Fluoride is Poison!
Adding fluoride to foods and water has been with us for decades. Some scientists noticed that organic fluorine is required with calcium for healthy teeth and bones.
Therefore, they “in their wisdom” decided that more fluorine may mean more healthy teeth, (although they couldn’t prove this) and they recommended that water supplies be “enhanced” with ionic fluoride, which is not the same compound and has different health effects!
However, these scientists had definite “vested interests” since they worked for large paper and aluminum manufacturers, whose industrial processes produce large amounts of fluoride!
In other words, fluoride is toxic waste. The ONLY reason it is added to water, foods and drinks is so manufacturers don’t have to pay to dispose rid of it.
Organic fluorine, along with calcium and a some help from molybdenum, forms calcium fluorapatite, which is recognized as the mineral element of teeth and bones.
Ionic fluoride does not contribute to this process and instead it causes the over stimulation of the parathyroid glands, resulting in abnormal bone growth, calcification of tendons and ligaments and interrupts the process which generates energy in cells.
Dr. Weston A. Price wrote this about flouride2: “When teeth are decaying other things are going wrong in the body. Fluorine treatment cannot be a panacea (remedy) for dental caries,” pg. 456.
Fluoride Causes Many Health Problems
The bottom line IS “fluoride is poisonous” and it causes many health problems, including:
- It accumulates in our bones and makes them more brittle and prone to fracture and osteoporosis. The weight of evidence from many studies on this is overwhelming. Lifetime exposure to fluoride will contribute to higher rates of hip fracture in the elderly.
- It accumulates in our pineal gland, possibly lowering the production of melatonin a very important regulatory hormone (Luke, 1997, 2001).
- It damages the enamel (dental fluorosis) of a high percentage of children. Between 30 and 50% of children have dental fluorosis on at least two teeth in optimally fluoridated communities (Heller et al, 1997 and McDonagh et al, 2000).
- There are serious, but yet unproven, concerns about a connection between fluoridation and osteosarcoma (malignant tumor of the bone) in young men (Cohn, 1992), as well as fluoridation and the current epidemics of both arthritis and hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid).
- In animal studies fluoride at 1 ppm in drinking water increases the uptake of aluminum into the brain (Varner et al, 1998).
- Counties with 3 ppm or more of fluoride in their water have lower fertility rates (Freni, 1994).
- In human studies the fluoridating agents most commonly used in the US not only increase the uptake of lead into children’s blood (Masters and Coplan, 1999, 2000) but are also associated with an increase in violent behavior.
- Fluoride causes bone spurs (abnormal bony projections).
- Fluoride causes calcification of tendons and ligaments.
- Fluoride has been implicated in the chronic fatigue syndrome.
How to Eliminate Most Fluoride Sources
- Refuse dental fluoride treatments.
- Use fluoride–free natural toothpaste available at health stores, or make your own toothpaste (cleaner), see Safe Natural Cleaners below.
- Do not consume processed foods and drinks; many contain fluoride, i.e. cereal, fruit drinks, soda, soup, etc.
- Do not use commercial baby formulas since most contain fluoride.
- Do not use Teflon–coated pots, pans or other similar products.
Poor Nutrition Causes Tooth & Gum Deterioration
The main cause of gum and teeth deterioration is a lack of proper nutrients and too many toxins. Dr. Weston A. Price, a dentist, wrote a lot about this in his book “Nutrition and Physical Degeneration” and he proved that nutrients reversed dental problems.
He took thousands of x-rays of people’s teeth and photos of people to show healthy broad arches, little or no cavities, and sound bone structure versus those whose arches were too narrow, who had many cavities, and longer thinner bones. He analyzed foods of all of the groups he studied by sending back foods to his laboratory in the U.S. for analysis.
Dr. Price writes about Mission children that he fed one nutrient-dense meal per day 6 days a week along with 1/2 teaspoon of butter oil and 1/2 teaspoon of high vitamin cod liver oil. The rest of the time the children’s diet was horrible, including coffee with lots of sugar, pancakes, syrup, etc. Dr. Price proved with photographs, that within months the children stopped getting cavities and the cavities they had before were glossed over with brand new enamel (dentin) stopping any further decay. That was in addition to dramatic improvements in their overall health, attitudes, cooperation in learning, and higher grades!
Clean Your Teeth with Safe Natural Cleaners
Use a soft bristle brush to clean your teeth. Hard bristles can damage the gums. Only use natural teeth cleaners, that do not contain fluoride, sugar substitutes or any other kind of sugar, glycerin, chemicals, silicates (sand), dyes, stabilizers or other materials that can damage teeth.
Do not use dental floss to clean between your teeth since it can easily cut into and damage your gums so they can get inflammed. Instead use soft interdental brushes available at any drug store.
Safe Natural Tooth Soap, Toothpaste & Tooth Powder
You can use any of the following mixtures to brush your teeth, or you can dry brush your teeth without using any water or solutions.
- Use Kiss My Face Brand Pure Olive Oil Soap Bar, 8 oz, to clean your teeth. It is available at iHerb – Products Bee Recommends.
- Mix equal amounts of 3% hydrogen peroxide and clean non-chlorinated water. Dip your toothbrush in the mixture and brush as usual – do not swallow the mixture.
- Herbal Toothpaste: Mix 1/2 cup baking soda with 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and add 1-2 drops of wintergreen or peppermint oil. Mix well and store it in a sealed container (keeps about 3 weeks). Dip your moistened toothbrush into the mixture and brush as usual.
- Cinnamon Toothpaste: Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 2 teaspoons water. Use the back of a spoon to form a smooth paste. Scoop up the mixture with your toothbrush and brush as usual.
- Tooth Powder: Mix 3 parts baking soda and 1 part sea salt, and store it in a sealed container. Dip your moistened toothbrush into the mixture and brush as usual.
Natural Breath Fresheners & Mouth Wash
- Chew on fresh parsley or fresh mint leaves.
- In a bottle with an eye dropper, mix 1 part clove oil to 4 parts olive oil, and put 2-4 drops in your mouth when needed.
- Mix equal amounts of 3% hydrogen peroxide and clean non-chlorinated water, and swish it around in your mouth and spit it out – do not swallow.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda into 4 ounces of clean non-chlorinated water, and add 2 drops of peppermint, wintergreen or spearmint oil. Swish it around in your mouth and spit it out.
- Boil 2 cups of water, and remove it from the heat. Pour the water into a warm jar or glass, and mix in 1 ounce of clove buds or powdered myrrh; OR use 2 to 4 ounces goldenseal powder or rosemary. Let it steep overnight and then strain it. Swish it around in your mouth and spit it out.
- Fluoride – The Hidden Poison in the National Organic Standards
- Dr. Weston A. Price, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, Chapters 1-21 are available online Nutrition and Physical Degeneration however it is missing Chapters 22-28:
- Chapter 22, A New Vitamin-Like Activator
- Chapter 23, Food Is Fabricated Soil Fertility (William A. Albrecht)
- Chapter 24, Fluorine in Plant and Animal Growth
- Chapter 25, How Mother Nature Made Us
- Chapter 26, Steps in Our Modern Degeneration
- Chapter 27, Nutritional Programs for Race Regeneration
- Chapter 28, Social Reforms by Education