Oil Packs Help Healing & Detoxification
Oil packs aid in the elimination and detoxification of the body, and is particularly helpful for relieving congestion of the liver and the lymphatic system. They can help relieve constipation and other bowels problems by applying them to the abdomen. They can be applied to any area of the body to help detoxification, relieve pain, reduce swelling and inflammation, etc., i.e. breasts, uterus, kidneys, adrenal glands, etc.
Here’s What You Will Need
Wool flannel is available at health stores or at iHerb—see iHerb Products Recommended by Bee.
- extra virgin olive oil or unrefined coconut oil
- flannel cloth
- cling wrap plastic
- tape to keep the pack in place
- electric heating pad, hot water bottle, or a gel or seed pack that can be heated in the microwave
- Saturate the flannel with oil (soaked flannel can be stored in a plastic bag at room temperature, and reused).
- Lay the soaked flannel over the area to be treated.
- Cover the flannel with cling wrap plastic and tape it in place.
- Set the heating pad to low and put it over the plastic wrap for 1 hour, or put a hot water bottle or other heated pack over it. If it feels too hot put a towel between the heat source and the plastic wrap.
Keep the flannel soaked with oil in a plastic bag at room temperature, using it again and again. Replenish the oil as needed.
The oil pack can be used 1-5 times per day in acute (serious) situations, and 1-3 times per week if the situation is not serious. It is easier to put the packs on at night time, leaving them on while you sleep, rather than during the day.