© Copyright 2004 Susan Vanamburgh-Garth, http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Use all organic and local ingredients when possible. Yum!
Candida sufferers should make this recipe ahead of time: Cooked Tomatoes.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, diced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 large can whole peeled tomatoes or 2 cups of homemade cooked tomatoes (see above)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- ocean sea salt to taste
All dried or ground herbs and spices must be organic or certified organic from the health store because all commercial products
are irradiated (zapped with radiation) which change and damage the body’s cells if consumed.
- In a large soup pot, heat coconut oil on medium heat and sauté onion 1 minute.
- Add garlic and meat, and sauté until the meat is cooked throughout.
- Add celery, peppers, and tomatoes (with their juice), crushing them into smaller pieces with your fingers.
- Add spices and sea salt to taste.
- Stir to combine everything well, cover and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes.
Garnish with chopped green onions, chopped fresh cilantro, diced jalapeno or sliced avocado.
This tastes best the next day!