How to Successfully Overcome Candid Page 6
How to Improve Digestion
Most unhealthy people have digestive problems, including nausea, stomach aches, nausea, acid reflux (heartburn), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc. While many health programs recommend cleansing or cleanses of the bowels and other organs in the body, these treatments can be very harsh. Liver, kidney and gallbladder cleanses dump too many toxins into the body at one time, that most unhealthy people cannot handle.
There have been cases of people with life threatening conditions caused by such cleanses, requiring emergency room treatment. Also, liver and gall bladder cleanses can release gallstones into the bile ducts that can block and tear them, requiring emergency surgery.
All cleanses are a combination of herbs or ingredients which many unhealthy people cannot handle, not only because it causes too many toxins to be dumped into the system at one time, but also because the ingredients themselves are often too strong, causing adverse reactions.
However, this program contains high “good” fats, including fat soluble nutrients (omega 3, vitamins A, D & E), which are very important for liver and gall bladder health. Over time the diet will normalize the functioning of all organs, including the liver, gall bladder, kidneys, thyroid, adrenals, digestive system, etc. and it may dissolve any stones that are present.
The diet, supplements and other treatments recommended will do a good job of increasing digestion, strengthening the walls of the intestines (mostly with good saturated fats), increasing good motility of the intestines, clearing out the liver, adrenals and gall bladder, increasing kidney function, etc. and will also cleanse and help detoxify the entire body. It also get rids of all heavy metals such as mercury, lead and aluminum, etc.
Therefore cleansing treatments are not recommended for any reason, including liver, kidney, gall bladder or bowel cleanses, except for self-administered enemas — see the Enemas.
Fasting is also not recommended. Even though fasting is intended to give the body a rest and/or to allow it to clear out toxins and wastes, while your body is fasting it is also not getting the nutrients it needs for healing and energy. It is more important to give the body what it needs so it is able to heal itself naturally, which includes cleansing and detoxification. Time between meals is important so body has the time to digest foods and supplements without having to direct its energies towards digesting more foods. That is why snacking is not recommended.
Some people do a type of fasting where they only consume the Bee’s Egg Drink for a few days at a time, but that is not considered “true fasting” and it wouldn’t cause problems because you would be getting plenty of nutrients and energy from the drink.
Stomach Acid Problems
Many people today have digestive problems, which is mainly caused by the stomach producing “too little” stomach acid. We may think our stomachs are “overly acidic” because of heartburn, sour stomach, or overall stomach upset, nausea and pain, when in fact “too little acid” is exactly the same as an “over acidic” stomach. The technical term for low stomach acidity is “hypochlorhydria,” and a stomach that is not producing any acid is called “achlorhydria.” The most common symptoms of low stomach acidity include:
Our stomachs are supposed to be acidic, so it important that it produce high concentrations of hydrochloric acid (HCl). When the stomach produces HCl it also produces bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) which protects the lining of the stomach from being damaged or eaten up by HCl. When the stomach does not produce enough HCl, it also will not produce enough bicarbonate of soda so the stomach can become ulcerated.
When hydrochloric acid is low it causes malnutrition and many digestive problems. HCl mainly digests protein, breaking it down into small molecules, which are further digested in the intestinal tract. Low stomach acid is associated with a higher incidence of gastrointestinal problems like h. pylori bacteria found in cause stomach ulcers, acid reflux (heartburn), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s Disease, diarrhea, constipation, etc.
Our stomachs need adequate acid so we can get the benefit of a good diet and the nutrients it contains, and in order for digestion to proceed like it should throughout the intestines—see more information see Digestion, Digestive Disorders, IBS, Etc., and Fiber in the Diet Theory Doesn’t Help Digestion.
How Foods Are Digested
Carbohydrates (carbs) start being digested by enzymes produced in the mouth – carbs are all foods that are not classified as protein or fat, including vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, sugar, starches, herbs, spices, etc. Some carbs also contain protein and fat, such as grains, nuts, seeds and some vegetables. Some proteins also contain carbs and fats such as eggs.
Hydrochloric acid (HCl), which is stomach acid, mainly digests protein. When a person starts to eat the stomach is stimulated to start producing hydrochloric acid (HCl). Stomach acid gradually increases during a meal. When the stomach acid gets high enough, which normally takes about 20-30 minutes after eating, it neutralizes enzymes from the mouth so the digestion of carbohydrates stops.
Digestive enzymes from the mouth only work on carbs while the mixture is alkaline. Therefore, if HCl supplements are taken too early it stops carb digestion in the stomach too soon. HCl also neutralizes any digestive enzyme supplements, so taking them is a waste. That is why it is important to take HCl supplements 30-45 minutes after eating a meal.
When the mixture of food, water and HCl (called chyme) empties out of the stomach it has to go through a small hole 10 mm, which is slightly larger than the end of a pencil, called the pyloric valve. The mixture squirts through that small hole in spurts. The rate at which foods empty out of the stomach is highly regulated. If the mixture is too solid and doesn’t contain enough fluid it isn’t as able to get through that small hole. That is why drinking enough fluids with meals is also very important.
When the mixture starts squirting through that small hole, if the pancreas detects it contains enough fluids and HCl it is able to do its job. First the mixture must be made alkaline, so the pancreas pours lots of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) onto the mixture as it is squirting through that small hole. Pancreatic digestive enzymes only work on an alkaline mixture, just like enzymes in the mouth.
Next, the pancreas produces several enzymes which digest carbs, fats and further digests protein, i.e. protease digests protein, amylase digests carbs and lipase digests fats. The small intestine also produces digestive enzymes that only work on an alkaline mixture.
Therefore taking HCl supplements and improving stomach acid production, along with having enough fluids with meals, is very important for proper digestion, whereas taking digestive enzymes is a waste and doesn’t help digestion.
Improve Digestion with Foods
How to Increase Stomach Acid Production
Is Your Gallbladder Ready for Fats?
If you live in North America, chances are you have experienced gall bladder problems at one time or another. Two things the gallbladder doesn’t like are bad fats and no fats. Bad fats, like man-made processed vegetable oils, are difficult to digest and put a lot of stress on the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a little sac that sits alongside your liver. The liver produces bile, a substance made from cholesterol that emulsifies fat and makes it easier to digest.
The gallbladder stores and concentrates bile, and then secretes it into the small intestines when fats and proteins are present. If you do not eat fat, the gallbladder won’t get any exercise and can begin to atrophy.
If you’ve eaten mostly unnatural man–made fats or have spent many years on a low-fat diet, chances are your gallbladder will need a little work before you will be able to completely digest generous amounts of good fats in your diet. Start by eating the recommended amount of proteins, fats and carbs and by practicing good digestive (above).
Natural fats, i.e. coconut oil, butter, lard, etc. are very easy on the gall bladder because they do not require enzymes nor bile salts in order to be digested. If you are just beginning to add fats to your diet after many years of low-fat foods, your best choice is to start with unrefined coconut oil and butter. For more information see theDigestion, Digestive Disorders, Etc..
You Will Experience Many Healing & Detoxifying Symptoms and Reactions
The healing crisis is a reaction that is the result of the activity of nature’s healing forces in overcoming disease conditions. It happens when the body becomes overcrowded by wastes and toxins. Cells and tissues begin to throw off the waste and carry it from the bloodstream to various eliminating organs including the liver, kidneys, lungs, skin, digestion system, nasal passages, ears, throat, and genital organs.
These organs, in turn, become congested and irritated, producing symptoms such as colds, flue, boils, skin problems (rash, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, etc.), kidney and bladder infection, headaches, ear or eye infection, diarrhea and/or constipation, and fever, to name a few.
That is the healing crisis, which is a form of healing and elimination. First the toxins are removed and then the tissues are renewed. These symptoms and the process of elimination are part of the cure and should not be suppressed. Although a healing and disease crisis may look alike they are very different.
A disease crisis is when the body is loaded to the toleration point with wastes and toxins. The body arouses itself in self-defense and brings on an acute inflammation such as a cold, fever, etc. If the wastes and toxins are not eliminated the body adapts itself to function at a lower energy level. However these wastes and toxins accumulate and inhibit the organs from performing their normal functions until a chronic disease occurs.
On the other hand a healing crisis develops because the healing forces are strengthening. By changing the diet to a highly nutritious one, and by eliminating as many sources of damaging substances as possible, i.e. sugar, soy, grains, chemicals, mycotoxins, preservatives, molds, etc. the body gets stronger, digging into the tissues and eliminating old chronic waste and toxins.
Skin problems occur because of toxins being eliminated through the skin, and also because the body externalizes healing to the skin to protect vital inner organs like the heart, liver, kidneys, brain, etc.
Excessive mucus will also be created in order to clear out toxins, which occur in the nose, sinuses, throat, bronchial tubes, lungs, digestive tract, etc. This does not mean there is an infection present, therefore the symptoms should not be suppressed. This is a time when your body needs help with its detoxifying efforts.
The most important aspect of the healing crisis is to never go to extremes when making changes to your diet or life style. It is important to gradually introduce changes one at a time, allowing your body to adapt to the changes and adjust itself.
Trying to change too many things at once can be counter-productive, discouraging and postpone the goal of overall health. That is why it is important to make changes one step at a time. As you make positive changes to your diet or life style and as each one becomes well-integrated into your daily routine, they will replace old “bad” habits with new “good” habits resulting in a healthier happier existence with your body. This also allows your body to do its job better, which is healing and maintaining health. For more information see Healing Naturally articles.
How Long it Takes to Get Healthy
It takes 1 month of natural healing for every year you have been unhealthy, which for most people today is since before they were born. That is because most people today have inherited a very poor “nutritional status” from their parents when they were conceived in the womb.
Poor health doesn’t happen overnight. It sneaks up on us slowly but surely, so it may be impossible to pinpoint exactly when it all started. So it is important to stay on this program long enough to improve all or most of your health problems and issues.
That means most people will need to stay on the program for the number of months they are in age, i.e. if you are 40 years old you need to stay on the program for 40 months. However, if you experience a lot of stress, get injured, etc. it may take you a lot longer.
Even after you are healthy, you cannot eat modern foods and take in toxins, drugs, etc. which caused you to get sick in the first place. In order to maintain life-long health you need to continue getting all of the nutrients on this program otherwise you will become sick again and again.
The healing processes follow these natural laws, called Hering’s Law of Cures:
For more information see Retracing, Healing Reactions & Flare-Ups.
Withdrawal Symptoms are some of the reactions you will experience. That is when your cravings for sugar, carbohydrates, alcohol, grain products, and even toxins will increase. At times it may make you feel as if you are starving, when you actually aren’t. For help and more information see How to Control Food Cravings and Withdrawal Symptoms, Cravings, Etc..
Cleansing and Detoxifying Reactions are created by the body when it is trying to deal with the large numbers of toxins being released. This will result in excessive mucus being produced in the mucus membranes, which include sinuses, nose, throat, lungs, the digestive tract, reproductive organs, etc. Symptoms may also include an upset stomach, nausea, gas, bloating, belching, muscle and joint aches and pains, clumsiness, headaches, “brain fog,” etc. Often you may feel like you have been drugged, with symptoms similar to a bad hangover.
Healing Reactions – In addition to withdrawal symptoms and cleansing reactions you will experience symptoms that are clearly healing reactions. The severity and/or number of healing reactions you experience depends upon how often your body has been exposed to toxins and/or traumatized during your lifetime with injuries, disease, or illnesses, and how much detoxifying and healing the body can accomplish.
To help you “endure” these reactions and continue with your program, keep in mind that any reactions means your body is becoming stronger so that “healing” is taking place. Every drugless healing practitioner is well aware of such healing reactions.
For example: The Cancer Clinics in Mexico explain to their patients that without a healing reaction within the first two weeks of the program they must be re-evaluated for what could be causing the delay. (This could be from ingesting things that counteract the program or from using personal care items such as lotions, cosmetics, hair care items, etc. that interfere with the program, or not taking the prescribed amount of coffee enemas.) When a patient experiences a healing reaction all of the staff rejoices with the patient.
Symptoms Intensify Any symptoms experienced while you were becoming more and more unhealthy can intensify. This is different person to person, depending upon areas of their body that were most affected. Women who have had vaginal yeast infection will find such symptoms will become more intense and they may change as well. If someone has experienced a lot of digestive problems, their digestive upsets and disturbances will increase. If someone had a lot of head-related symptoms, their symptoms will become worse. And so on.
Symptoms will get worse before they get better, however, as you progress on the program, your good days will increase and your bad days will decrease. Natural healing takes time, patience, and persistence on a healthy program.
Healing Reactions are Not Allergic Reactions
An allergy is defined as: “A condition in which the body has an exaggerated response to a substance introduced by inhalation, ingestion, injection, or skin contact, often manifested by itchy eyes, runny nose, wheezing, skin rash, hives, diarrhea, gas, bloating, headaches, aching muscles, joint pain, and many others. Please note that these reactions are exactly the same symptoms as healing reactions.
These reactions are created by the body as a healing response, indicating that it is working very hard to eliminate and/or minimize the effects of toxic overloads on the body, or the ingestion of a poison. There are many other toxic sources in our environment and foods as well, which add to the toxic overload on the body. Some substances aren’t merely toxic; they are poisonous, which causes direct debilitating damage.
It is widely published that allergies are caused by poor health. At the same time allergic responses and symptoms means the body is working extremely hard to maintain its health in spite or poor nutrition, toxins, stresses, etc. Many people mistakenly assume they are allergic to many healthy foods, herbs, spices, etc. because of allergy tests or body reactions, which doctors also label as allergic. Please note that almost all allergy tests are inaccurate and they should not be relied upon to determine your allergies. Some allergies are obvious, because they are caused by toxic substances, i.e. room deodorizers, smoke, chemicals in the air, body care products, cleaning products, etc.), smog, chemtrails, pesticides, etc.
But allergies to animal dander, dust mites, dust, mold, pollen, grass, etc. are less obvious. However, not everyone reacts negatively to these substances, which obviously points to a person who is unhealthy and not able to detoxify like they should. It is a fact that the body can, and will, react to good unadulterated foods with “allergic-like” symptoms, which is exactly the same way it reacts to toxins or poisons. However, reactions to good foods are not allergic reactions, they are healing reactions. When the body receives the nutrients it needs to heal, it goes into high gear, doing its job of healing, which creates healing symptoms.
The long list of healing symptoms are exactly the same as the long list of allergic reactions, i.e. increased mucus in all mucus membranes (nose, sinuses, throat, lungs, intestines, stomach, etc.), headaches, stomach upset, gas, bloating, difficulty breathing, inflammation, heart palpitations, swelling, rashes, hives, diarrhea, constipation, fever, etc.
In fact hives are a healing reaction too when the body releases histamines and other chemicals into the bloodstream to handle toxins or to affect healing. Histamines causes hives, rashes, itching, swelling, and other related symptoms. Although hives may be uncomfortable, they are generally quite harmless and disappear on their own. Therefore, do not be alarmed if you get healing reactions from good unadulterated foods like eggs, coconut oil, butter, meats, etc. If you get reactions that are alarming or intolerable just cut back on the amount a little bit and gradually increase it.
To help your body detoxify do some of the treatments listed in How to Detoxify Effectively.
Do Not Push or Overwhelm Your Body
“More is not better!” You can overwhelm your body by over-treating it, and by taking too much of a good thing, which can stop or slow down natural healing processes. One of the important keys to healing naturally is not to push the body.
If you do too many treatments, exercise too much, take other unnecessary supplements, herbs, hormones, drugs, etc. your body becomes confused and overwhelmed because “too much is being pushed at it” so it is not as able to heal like it should.
“Proper nutrients” (diet plus only the supplements recommended) are what heals the body because they provide the body with what it requires in order to heal itself naturally the way Nature intended. So they need to be consumed consistently and for long enough in order to improve health.
For that reason some direct treatments can be done to help alleviate the discomforts of symptoms, but they shouldn’t be done for long periods of time, nor too intensely, because they can also interfere with the healing processes.
Simple Things to Help You
COOKING, FOOD STORAGE & RECIPES
When cooking and handling food it is important to handle, store, and cook food correctly in order to retain healthy life-giving nutrients available in them.
All vegetables should be cooked or fermented long enough to release the nutrients in them. This is because their cell walls are made of cellulose (wood-like fibres), and our digestive system is not capable of breaking down cellulose. Therefore, cellulose cell walls of all plant foods must be broken down, see Raw Versus Cooked Carbs (Plant Foods).
The best cooking oil is unrefined coconut oil. Of all the available oils, coconut oil is the best for cooking because it is nearly a completely saturated fat, which means it is much less susceptible to damage when it is heated, and it can withstand higher heat than others (up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit). It can be mixed half and half with butter to increase the flavors in certain foods.
Do not cook or heat olive oil, since heat damages it so it becomes oxidized, which causes damage to the body – see More Scientific Support For Using Olive Oil. However, unheated extra virgin olive oil can be used in salad dressing, mayonnaise, or added to foods after they are cooked.
Do not microwave food, water or drinks. The most important rule in cooking is not to microwave any food, not even to heat leftovers, water or drinks. Recent research shows that microwaved food causes severe molecular damage in the body. These changes cause deterioration and damage to the health. In simple terms, microwave ovens change the molecular structure of food with radiation. If manufacturers would have more accurately called them “radiation chambers” it’s doubtful they would have ever sold one, but that’s exactly what a microwave oven IS.
Do not buy irradiated foods. When food is irradiated the radiation breaks up the molecular structure of the food and creates a whole new set of chemicals known as “unique radiolytic products” (URPs). These URPs include benzene, formaldehyde and a host of known mutagens and carcinogens. Irradiation kills nutrients in food, and effectively renders the food “dead,” which is useless to your body. For more information see Microwaving & Irradiation.
Regulations vary from country to country, and even in the United States they can vary between states. Check regulations in your area to find out what foods have been approved for irradiation. As far as we know all spices in the United States and Canada are irradiated, and in the United States some fresh produce and meats are also irradiated.
The kinds of pots and pans to use: Cooking pots and pans must not be made of aluminum nor Teflon coated. Teflon releases a gas that is harmful. Pots and pans made of cast iron are best. They need to be well-seasoned with coconut oil before use unless they are already seasoned. There are also good pots and pans made of cast iron coated with heavy enamel. High grade stainless steel cookware are also good, as well as cookware made of glass or stone.
- 50 mg of Vitamin B Complex OR one heaping tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast Flakes – see Note below.
- 50 mg of Niacin (B3) if “true” niacin is not in the Vitamin B complex. Be sure to buy 50 or 100 mg tablets and not 500 mg. If the tablet is 100 mg, cut it in half so you aren’t getting too much at one time.
- Take 100 mg of Thiamine (B1).
- Eat the correct ratios of protein to fat to carbs from nutrient-dense foods as close to Mother Nature as possible — see Calculate Protein, Fat & Carbs Ratios. The high “good” fats diet, along with supplements, helps pull nutrients out of all foods consumed, including minerals, and there are many important minerals in meats and eggs.
- By taking calcium/magnesium supplements, noted above.
- Consume at least 1 cup of a mineral-rich bone broth per day. It should be a “true” bone broth where the bones have been soaked and cooked in an acidic medium, and simmered long enough on low heat to pull the minerals out of the bones — see Mineral-Rich Bone Broth recipe.
- By drinking, and cooking with, good filtered tap water that contains natural minerals as close to Mother Nature as possible. Do not use reverse osmosis or distilled water, since they are devoid of minerals, and actually leach (pull out) minerals in the body. Adding minerals to the water doesn’t help, since it won’t stop the leaching, and it isn’t possible for processed minerals to duplicate Mother Nature’s natural minerals.
Therefore it is better to use a simple filter, like Brita or PUR, which filters out chlorine and some contaminates, so you are getting natural occurring minerals, or buy a good reputable Spring water. Another alternative is to boil water for 30 minutes to get rid of chlorine and some contaminates.
Do not be concerned about fluoride in your water, since you will be eliminating all other sources of toxic fluoride on this program, including dental treatments, toothpaste, and processed foods and drinks. Fluoride is much more dangerous when there are many sources that accumulate in your body, rather than just one source like water.
You should never drink softened water since it is high in sodium which is diuretic, meaning it makes the body get rid of water along with important minerals.
- Consume “good” ocean sea salt every day that contains over 84 minerals — Light Grey Celtic Brand Ocean Sea Salt is available at iHerb. Ocean sea salt provides the correct of “true” sodium and chloride that are 2 of the 7 macrominerals required in higher amounts every day. As noted above, there are enough macrominerals, other than calcium, magnesium, sodium and chloride, contained in the diet, i.e. potassium, sulphur, and phosphorus.
Do not use Redmond’s Sea Salt since it only contains 54 minerals, and not 84 minerals like “true” ocean sea salts.
The grey color of ocean sea salt indicates the amount of minerals in it, and it should be moist. The larger the crystals and the moister it is, the more minerals it will contain, as opposed to fine grades (finely ground) of the same salt that are lighter grey.
Since good ocean sea salt is coarse and moist it is not possible to grind it in a regular pepper or salt grinder, so special grinders must be used. It can be ground it up in a coffee grinder, but the grinder should be cleaned and left to dry out otherwise it will cause it to rust. It is much better to sprinkle large moist crystals on foods or into drinks with your fingers, rather than grinding them up.
Ocean Sea Salt Doses: — Consume 1.5 teaspoons of large gray crystals or 1 teaspoon of fine grades (ground up) per day of “good” ocean sea salt, taken in divided doses with meals by sprinkling them on foods and/or added to water.
- heartburn (if there isn’t enough stomach acid the valve that closes the end of the esophagus won’t close properly, so even low stomach acid can burn the esophagus)
- upset stomach, nausea
- sour stomach
- a heavy feeling, as if the food is just sitting in the stomach in a lump
- Meats and eggs.
- Natural fats such as coconut oil, butter, lard, and other naturally occurring animal fats.
- Good ocean sea salt added to foods and/or added to water.
- Mineral-Rich Bone Broth.
- Some people with low stomach acid need to take betaine hydrochloric acid supplements (HCl) 30-45 minutes after eating – see How to Take Hydrochloric Acid Supplements.
- Avoid raw vegetables until digestion improves. All plant cell walls are made of cellulose fibers that the human digestive system is incapable of breaking down. Therefore the cellulose cell walls of plants must be broken down before they are digestible, and in order for nutrients, including minerals, and enzymes to be available – see Why Cooked Foods Are Healthier. Also see Raw Versus Cooked Vegetables & Fruits, of course candida sufferers would not have any fruits, except small amounts of lemons.
- Do not cook meats or eggs using high heat, and do not overcook them. Cooking proteins actually pre-digests them, called denaturing. However overheating or overcooking them makes them lose moisture and binds the protein molecules tighter together which makes them harder to digest. Meats can also be pre-digested (denatured), by soaking them in acidic mediums such as lemon or lime juice, tomato juice, apple cider vinegar, etc. Marinating meats is a good way to pre-digest or pre-cook them.
- Eat protein and “good” fats with every meal. Protein stimulates stomach acid production, and protein and fats stimulate the gall bladder to dump bile into the small intestines. Good fats also are needed by the liver in order to produce bile.
- Always have ocean sea salt with meals since salt is important for proper digestion and it also stimulates stomach acid production. You can add it during cooking or afterward or add it to water you drink during meals.
- Drink enough fluids with meals so the mixture in the stomach is able to squirt through the small opening from the stomach into the first part of the small intestines.
- Chew foods thoroughly to stimulate digestive enzymes in the mouth, and to break up foods into the smallest particles possible for better digestion.
- Eat enough foods at each meal that includes a good balance of proteins, good fats (coconut oil, butter, lard, etc.) and vegetables.
- Eat at least 2 complete meals per day, but not more than 3 meals.
- Avoid snacking in between meals in order to allow time for your body to digest foods properly.
- Symptoms of a chronic disease disappear in definite order, going in reverse through every previous ache, pain, disease, illness, symptom, injury, etc. This is called “re-tracing.”
- It takes about one month of natural healing for every year since the health problem first appeared.
- Healing progresses from the more vital organs to the less vital organs; from inside of the body towards the skin and from the top of the body down.
- For relaxation do this for 15 minutes every day. Lie down on the floor with your feet on a chair so your thighs are at a right angle to the seat of the chair and the calves of your legs are lying across the seat of the chair. It is as simple as that.
- Do dry skin brushing at least 3 times a week, which will stimulate the liver and adrenal glands, increasing their ability to handle the toxins – for instructions see Dry Skin Brushing.
- Thump your thymus gland to stimulate it. The thymus gland is an important part of Lymphatic System, which helps the body detoxify itself. It is located underneath the top of the breast bone. To thump it, use your knuckles and thump gently but firmly on the top of your breast bone. Gently thump about 10 times in a row. Do this a few times a day to wake up your thymus gland.
- Do things that help your body detoxify, and that will not interfere with “proper nutrients” and do not deplete energy levels, which includes taking Epsom Salt baths, doing Coffee Enemas for Detoxification, and mild exercise such as dry skin brushing (above) or walking, also see Mild Forms of Exercise.
- Do regular Deep Breathing Exercises to change your body over from running on its sympathetic nervous system (fight/flight nervous system) to its parasympathetic nervous system (calm nervous system). The parasympathetic nervous system works to calm us down and to heal. The sympathetic nervous system is called the fight/flight nervous system because it is activated when one needs to get out of a dangerous situation, or when we are under a lot of stress, including the stress of being sick and unhealth. When the sympathetic nervous system is activated it puts the body and mind in an alert mode, which causes constant stress to the body, interferes with healing, and depletes energy and nutrients.