Makes 1-1/2 to 2 cups.
Note: This is the basic recipe that can be used as is or in other recipes.
Making mayonnaise is quite simple although cook books caution about how it may curdle and offer remedies for it. As long as you drizzle the oil into the blender slowly, while the blender is running on low, you will have no problem.
- 1 whole medium or large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard, optional and to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ocean sea salt, to taste
All spices must be organic or certified organic from the health store because all other commercial spices are irradiated (zapped with radiation) which change and damage the body’s cells if consumed.
- Beat egg in a blender on low speed.
- Add lemon juice and seasoning, if desired.
- Continue to blend on low, or by pulsing it, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the small opening in the top.
- Continue blending until smooth.
- It will keep for about 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.