Makes: 3 - 4 servings
Egg White Chips:
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ground stevia leaf, to taste
- apple pie spice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° (176°C).
- In a glass bowl whip egg whites until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Room temperature egg whites whip better.
- Spread whipped egg whites evenly on a large rectangular 12” x 18” baking pan.
- Bake until it is golden brown on top, 20 minutes or longer. Set it aside so it can cool.
- Make the dipping sauce by melting butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat, and mix in stevia and spice. Cook for 1 minute. The dipping sauce can be served warm or cool.
- When the egg whites are cooled, break it into pieces for dipping. Arrange them on a serving dish with dipping sauce on the side.
Tip: For a more savory dip, use cajun spices instead of stevia.