Makes: 2 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef, broken into small pieces
- 3-4 lettuce leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups of salsa without sugar and vinegar
- In a small bowl mix spices together (onion powder, garlic powder, salt, chili powder, red pepper, and oregano). Leftover spices can be stored in an airtight container in the cupboard or pantry.
- On low heat melt the coconut oil in a large skillet or frying pan.
- Add ground beef and brown it over medium to low heat until it is cooked inside.
- Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture, to taste.
- Add water.
- Bring it to a boil and turn the heat down to low. Cover it and simmer for 10 minutes. Set it aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce on a small plate.
- To serve put the meat on the lettuce, and the tomatoes, onions and salsa on top of the meat.
Tip: Feel free to use any of your favorite vegetables as toppings.