Chicken and Tomato Sauce
Makes: 2 servings
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
2 - 3 cups tomato sauce
1 large egg
2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
sea salt and pepper, to taste
1) Bake the spaghetti squash.
2) While the spaghetti squash is baking, prepare the chicken and tomato sauce.
3) Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breast in half sideways, making them into four thin slices, and set them aside.
4) Put the nutritional yeast flakes in a ziplock bag.
5) Crack the egg in a medium sized bowl and beat it with a fork until blended.
6) Melt the butter on medium heat in a large skillet or frying pan, until it starts to bubble, making sure the heat is low enough so the butter doesn’t burn.
7) Individually dip each slice of chicken breast in the beaten egg, thoroughly coating both sides. Put the chicken breasts in the ziplock bag of nutritional yeast flakes and shake the bag until it is well-coated. Take the chicken out of the bag and put it in the frying pan.
8) Cook the chicken breasts on medium heat until it is golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
9) Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken, turning the chicken breasts so they are coated with tomato sauce.
10) Cover it, and turn down the heat to low, simmering it for 10 minutes.
11) To serve, put the spaghetti squash on individual plates and spoon the chicken and tomato sauce over it.
12) Sprinkle the top with nutritional yeast flakes, if desired.