Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Makes: 16 small meatballs or 4 servings
· 1 pound ground pork, beef, turkey, chicken or a combination
· 2-3 cups tomato sauce
· 1 heaping tablespoon green pepper, finely chopped
· 1 heaping tablespoon red pepper, finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon onion, diced
· 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
· 1 large whole egg
· 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
· ocean sea salt and pepper, to taste
1) Put all ingredients, except the tomato sauce and coconut oil, in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
2) Roll mixture into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
3) In a frying pan melt coconut oil over medium heat. Cook meatballs until they are brown.
4) Pour tomato sauce over the meatballs, and gently stir with a wooden spoon, covering the meatballs with the sauce.
5) Cover and simmer on low heat for 1/2 hour.
It can be used as a topping on Spaghetti Squash Pasta.