Spaghetti Squash Pasta
Makes: 3-4 servings
· 1 large spaghetti squash
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2) Using a fork prick holes in the skin of the spaghetti squash so it will not burst while baking.
3) Place whole squash in a shallow baking pan.
4) Bake it for about 1 1/2 hours. To ensure it is done, use an oven mitt and push in the outside of squash. When it pushes in easily, it is done. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
5) When cool enough to handle, cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise with a serrated knife.
6) Scoop out the seeds and fibrous strings from the center of the spaghetti squash.
7) Gently scrape the tines of a kitchen fork around the edge of the spaghetti squash to shred the pulp into strands, and remove the strands from the skin. To serve, put the spaghetti squash strands on individual plates.
1) Melt pats of butter on top, and sprinkle on sea salt and pepper to taste.
2) Top with Chicken and Tomato Sauce, or Meatballs and Tomato Sauce, etc.