- 4-6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- about 2 cups unrefined coconut oil, at room temperature
- lukewarm water
- juice of 1 lemon
All spices and dried herbs must be organic or certified organic from the health store because all commercial products
are irradiated (zapped with radiation) which change and damage the body’s cells if consumed.
Use a bowl with a wooden spoon (or use a marble mortar and wooden pestle), always turning in one direction.
- Pound the garlic cloves to a paste.
- Beat the egg yolks separately and add them to the garlic paste.
- Keep mixing the garlic and eggs until they are just beginning to get pale. While doing this, add about 4 tablespoons of oil, very, very slowly, drop by drop. The mixture should be thick.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and continue stirring, adding the oil in a very thin stream. When the mixture gets too thick again, add 1 more teaspoon each of water and lemon juice. Repeat, until all the oil is added.
- If the mayonnaise separates, put it into a clean bowl and do the following.
Mix 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 teaspoon of lukewarm water, and 1 egg yolk together in a bowl. Add the separated mayonnaise by teaspoons to the bowl, stirring constantly in one direction.
Note: Stir in some fresh basil, cilantro or tarragon (minced) after the mayonnaise is completed.