Makes: 4 servings (1 cup each)
- 4 cups chicken broth without sugar and salt, or make Mineral-Rich Chicken Broth from scratch.
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- Put 3 1/4 cups of chicken broth into a saucepan
- Mix 3/4 cup chicken broth with arrowroot powder in a small bowl, and set it aside.
- Mix ginger, sea salt, and green onions into the broth in the saucepan, and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs and egg yolk together with a fork until blended.
- While the broth is boiling, slowly drizzle in the egg mixture, a little at a time, while stirring it with a fork. The egg will cook right away.
- Slowly pour the arrowroot and broth mixture into the boiling broth, stirring until it is well-mixed and the soup starts to boil again. Remove it from the heat, let it cool a little, and pour it into serving bowls.